Updated: Mar 10
Shipping a bicycle is easier than you think, but it must be done correctly to ensure your bicycle is not damaged along the way. Most local bicycle shops can help you and often have extra materials in-store that you’ll need to ship your bicycle.
The UPS Article linked here provides all the details on properly packing and shipping your bicycle.
The video below will also instruct you on how to properly prepare your bicycle for shipping.
A few basic tips on packing your bicycle:
1) Remove the pedals and wrap them in bubble wrap.
2) Remove the saddle and front wheel and wrap them in bubble wrap.
3) Loosen up the handlebars and align them with your bicycle frame.
4) Bubble wrap the rear wheel axle.
5) Use foam pipe insulation to protect your bicycle frame.
6) Partially deflate the tires.
Makes sure you use an appropriately sized box, cover the bottom with bubble wrap, fill up the empty space, and seal the box well.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us - we’re here to help!